I am so passionate about the health and fitness of our children.
It’s frightening to learn that in Australia, overweight and obesity rates in children have doubled over the past 20 years. One in three children in Qld are above a healthy weight range compared to as little a time ago as 2012, when it was one in four children . This is a serious problem.
Don’t we want our children healthy, active and happy and to outlive their parents?
It is also reported that less than half (40 per cent) of children aged five to 17 were getting the recommended 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity each day, based on a 2014 survey. An increased proportion (48 per cent) were spending more than two hours per day in front of a screen for recreational purposes.
As a society, to combat these growing statistics, we need to get all our kids moving and enjoying physical activity again. Most importantly, it should all be about having FUN!
That is where OBSTACLE OBSESSION is playing a big part in inspiring kids to Love being active again. Improved weight management can help children to cope with challenges around self-esteem and confidence, academic performance and metabolic health. Our programs have awesome outdoor activities, circuit training, plyometric and fundamental movements that are fun and challenging, obstacle training, and so much more that are fundamental to a child’s growing period.
Here are our Top 5 reasons why kids should be Active with Obstacle Obsession :
1. PHYSICAL BENEFITS
- Development of fine and gross motor skills which are critical for coordination
- Maintenance of healthy weight
- Increased strength, endurance and power
- Developing healthy physical habits
- Improved flexibility and agility
- Improved quality of sleep
2. EMOTIONAL AND INTELLECTUAL BENEFITS
- Improved self-esteem and confidence
- Improved concentration and management of anxiety and stress
- Improved behaviour and academic performance
3. SOCIAL BENEFITS
- Outdoor environment to have with friends and make new ones
- Reduction in anti-social behaviour
- Development of teamwork and interpersonal skills
4. A GREAT INSPIRING TEAM
- Qualified Staff all with Blue Cards
- We all Love Kids and their health is our Number 1 priority
- First Aid and CPR Certified
- We are all passionate about developing healthy attitudes and habits when it comes to fitness which they can carry on into adulthood
5. PROGRAM BENEFITS
- NO ELECTRONICS
- Positive Environment
- Beautiful Location
- Outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine
- Programs to suit your child
- Positive Environment
- School Holiday 1/2 Day Fun
- 1 Hour Obstacle Training
Obstacle 1 Hour Training Sessions are every Saturday Morning and Mondays after School. Maybe you would like to do a session with your child. Then there is the Family Obstacle Training on offer every Saturday Morning. Our 1/2 day School Holiday Programs run every school holidays, Monday to Friday. Come for a single session, a few days a week or for the whole week.
We would Love to have the opportunity of keeping your child fit and healthy and promote healthy growth and development.